I have decided to create a new blog to record one lesson that I learn from each day. For the first time in my life, I am no longer an official "student" yet I am not ready to give up on learning. I decided to put to the test the old manta "you learn something new every day" by each day recording one new thing that I learned from the previous 24 hours. It could be from a book, a television show, an experience, or the back of a box of cereal. It could be something I learned by specifically seeking out to get knowledge on a topic, something that fell into my lap, or something that I didn't even realize I learned until I took the time to reflect. It could be something that I learned about history, the world, current affairs, society, my friends, or myself. One lesson per one day for one year.
Why am I doing this?
I love to write. I love to learn. I love to document moments of my life. I love to share stories and important parts of my life with others. Is there really a reason not to?
What should you know about me?
- I like to laugh
- I like to color with Crayola markers and crayons
- I have had the same best friends since kindergarten
- I still hold a grudge for when they ate all of my Dunkaroos frosting when I was up from the lunch table in grade school
- I just started my first real world job with a global billion dollar corporation
- I am a middle child
- I dance to the music in grocery, clothing, and convenience stores
- I want to have 5 children someday
- I sucked my thumb until I was in the 4th grade
- I subsequently had braces from 2nd grade to 8th grade
- My mom told me that I could choose to have ANYTHING I wanted if I stopped sucking my thumb. When I stopped, my choice was to go to KFC for lunch.
- I have traveled to six different countries
- There is more that I want to (and plan to) see in the world than I have the time to describe
- My family and friends are the most important things in the world to me
- I love to read and primarily only read non-fiction books... in my eyes there are too many amazing TRUE stories to read fiction.
- I am an online research junkie and could happily "surf the web" for hours
- I love life