Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Day 44: Brooklyn is a great place to live

During my weekend in NYC, I visited some friends that live in Brooklyn. Last summer when I lived in NYC, I traveled to Brooklyn once for a party... it was a rather horrifying experience. We messed up taking the subway, we got lost in a bad neighborhood, and then when we got to the apartment where the party was located-- the apartment sucked and the party wasn't even fun. I'd also visited Brooklyn once a few summers previously when I visited one of my friends at her place of work. It wasn't that pretty of a neighborhood and didn't seem to have much going on.

Needless to say, I didn't really have a good impression of Brooklyn and during the time that I thought I might move to NYC post-graduation, I never even considered the possibility of living in Brooklyn. However, this weekend on my trip, when I headed to my friends apartment I learned that Brooklyn can be a pretty badass place to live! My friends apartment was very big and clean. They had a GORGEOUS 7th floor balcony with an incredible view of NYC and of the Statue of Liberty. It was quieter and more neighborhoodlike than Manhattan, lots of little stores and places to go, and an AMAZING pizza shop right around the corner from my friends where we got pizza with truffle oil. Um, delicious.

Another one of my best friends lived really close by, and we also visited another neat apartment that was really big with roof access-- which is always fun.

Basically what I learned on Saturday 9/13 is that Brooklyn, is a pretty darn neat place to live!

Pics of the view to come!

No comments: