Saturday, August 23, 2008

Day 23: Free stuff!





You know that saying, nothing in life is free? And that usually when you get something for free or get some sort of perk, you can trace it back to how you've paid for it in another form. Well, today I learned that SOMETIMES, you can get something in life for free!
Today, two of my friends that were visiting and I went and walked through the park that is right near my apartment. It just so happens that in the park this day there was a Latin Festival going on. Live music, booths of things for sale, food, sponsor tables (I reregistered to vote with my new address!), and lots of people. We also found a little lesser populated area with pony rides and face painting-- for free!!

I was surprised because I honestly have gotten accustomed to having to pay for EVERYTHING. I don't ever expect to get anything for free so of course, it was impossible for me to pass up this opportunity and my friends and I all got our faces painted.

We looked beautiful and I learned that sometimes, if you are lucky, you can get something for free.

No comments: