Saturday, August 9, 2008

Day 9: Tie a Tie

Something that I want to do is involve other people in my lessons. Any time that someone ELSE can teach me something, I think would be really great. Today, I was home with my family, and as I'd planned throughout the whole week, I decided to have my brother teach my how to tie a tie. There are a lot of other things that my bro-man could teach me and I'm sure I'll be coming back to him in the future months, but to start-- today I learned how to tie a tie!

First of all, the entire time that you are putting it on you need to keep the knot as close to your neck as possible and keep the knot tight. Try to get the steps down first and then try it again, being sure to tighten the knot every after each step. The steps from my brother are as follows:


1. Put the tie around your neck so that the skinny side of the tie is a lot shorter than the fat side, so the fat side is on your right, and so that the fronts of the tie are facing outwards.


2. Cross the fat side of the tie OVER the skinny side so that the fat side is now in your left hand and the skinny is in your right hand.


3. Tuck the fat end of the tie through the loop by your neck (from the bottom), as if you were tieing any sort of knot.


4. Pull the fat side of the tie towards your left.


5. Cross the fat side of the tie UNDER the skinny side so that it is now in your right hand and the back of tie is now facing upwards.


6. Take the fat side of the tie and again tuck it through the loop at the neck, this time from the top, like you are tieing a knot.

7. Make sure that the fat side of the tie is now on the left, the back of the tie is still facing upwards.


8. Also make sure that the tie is pulled tight by the knot and it makes, what my brother calls, a "V-heart". Be sure the "V-heart" is tight.


9. Cross the fat side of the tie OVER the "V-heart" so that it covers the "V-heart" and the fat side is in your right hand.


10. Put the fat end UNDER and through the loop by your neck.


11. Loop the fat end of the tie directly through the triangle knot it lays above (the fat end basically goes between the "V-heart" and the little wrapping you just made around it).

12. Straighten, neaten, and tighten your tie.

I would love for people to try these tips and see if they actually work! I tested it with a few people and they are so/so. Any advice? I def. learned something and hopefully you did too!

P.S. Thanks bro-man!

No comments: